Writing a Tech Resume
Several key points are mentioned in this course that will help you craft a perfect tech resume
- This course starts out with telling how the hiring managers read your resume, so it is important to keep your resume short .
- This course explains what your resume should contain. She shows the different layouts of the resume.
- Various formats of resume are shown. Each are explained with a specific use.
- Keep the layout simple and organised layout and use the correct formats for your resume.
- All the dates of your graduation, your jobs need to be mentioned with the month and year.
- Extracurricular activities or hobbies are a very important part of your resume that have to be mentioned in your resume.
- In some resume’s you might have to upload your photo. A small photo in formals will be perfect for your resume.
- It is very important to have an online presence by creating a profile on linkedIn , uploading important codes that you have written can be uploaded on GitHub.
- Resume has to be unique in order to stand out from the crowd.
- Divided into 5 parts and a conclusion, each giving a valuable lesson.
- The duration of course is 55 mins.
My Takeaway :
I have found this course very helpful in many ways:
(1) Improve the way I present my skills and achievements on my resume.
(2) Given me tips and tricks that will make my resume impactful on the hiring managers.
(3) Learnt what to and what not to include on your resume.
(4) Shown me the importance of having an online presence on GitHub and LinkedIn.
(5) The layout of the resume should be simple and organised.
(6) Learnt how to showcase my skills in the resume.