Send out Pre-filled Google Forms using YAMM
In one of my previous blogs, I had shown you how to create Pre-filled Google Forms using a simple Google Sheet formula. In this blog, I am going to show you how to send out pre-filled Google Forms using YAMM. If you haven't read the previous click here.
What is YAMM?
YAMM(Yet Another Mail Merge) is an easy to use Mail merge where you select a draft created in Gmail and replace all the variables from a Google Sheet. It will send automatic personalized emails to the contacts specified in the spreadsheet.
You can even do this using Google Apps Script, to know more check out the blog below.
Google Sheets Automation Using Google Apps Script
Sending emails in bulk is an important requirement for most businesses. You often have situations, where you need to…
Step1: Sample Google Sheet
The sheet that we will be using in this blog contains the following details:
- Roll number of the student
- Name of the student
- Division of the student
- Students choice on whether they want to opt for Offline school
- Suggestions for the school
- Pre-filled Google Form link created using the Google Sheet Formula
- Email Address of the student
Step 2: Install the Yet Another Mail Merge Add-on
Before we get into creating the draft for the email, we have to install the YAMM add-on to our Google Sheet. To install the Add-on follow these steps:
- Click on Add-ons and click on Get Add-ons.
2. The Google Workspace Marketplace will come upon clicking Get add-ons.
3. Search YAMM and click on the first option and then click on install
4. On clicking install, accept all the requirements and the Add-on will get added to your Google Sheet
Step3: Create your Email Draft
To create the draft, you have to follow the same steps that you follow to write an email. To create your draft, follow these steps:
- Go to gmail.com
- Click on Compose and start writing your email draft.
- We have to replace the variables in the draft with the data in the Google Sheet. To do that you need to specify the column names that you want to replace in the draft like this.
4. Here I have done the following:
- Here I wanted to put the name of the student in the beginning of the email, so I put in the column name where the names are stored.
- The same is for all the other variables that I have called in the email draft.
5. After you are done creating the draft, save and close the draft.
Step4: Send the Emails
Now that we have installed the YAMM Add-on, created the email draft, its time to send out the emails. To send out the emails, follow these steps:
- Go to Add-ons and click on Yet Another Mail Merge and start the mail merge.
2. On clicking Start Mail Merge, it will bring up a box where you need to put in some details.
Here you need to specify the sender name, followed by the email template that you want to use.
Now that we have added all the features that we need lets send out the emails. You can do that following:
- Send all the emails
- Schedule the emails
- Send a test email to check whether everything works fine.
For now we are going to go ahead and send the emails by clicking on Send 10 Emails.
Step5: Check the Emails
Here you can see on successful execution the email has been sent successfully and all the details have come in properly.
Here you can see all the details that we had specified have successfully come into the email.
In this blog we saw how to send out pre-filled Google Form links in email using the YAMM. We started out by taking a look at Google sheet, installing YAMM Add-on, creating the Email draft and in the end adding some settings and then send the emails. I hope you have understood how to send bulk emails using YAMM. You can send your feedback to email@example.com.